Calluses... i have them so bad. can anything really be done?

My feet hurt so bad every day after being on them. My dh told me he would take me to get a pedicure but i am kind of embarrassed to go because they are so bad and i'm not sure if anything can be done. Would it really be worth going to the salon? I have only been a couple of times but my feet were'nt that bad then. I don't know how i got these calluses all over my feet!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• You could call ahead and ask if you are worried but I am sure they have seen it all. The only time I have really been successful at getting rid of that stuff was with those grate type tools. I have even used a dull razor to get off callouses too.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i've seen the stuff to DIY at the store but i'm afraid to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Regular pedicures should take care of this, no reason to be embarrassed, this is what they are for, but you need to do upkeep on a regular basis. Or you could always go to a podiatrist and get them done there, only they will charge a lot more.

Answer by older at 8:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The feet scraper thing really works. You can be as gentle with it as you want. Let your feet soak and then gently scrape. Take advantage of the pedicure too. And moisturize your feet daily (really good at night). GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011