Would you leave him?

I have a friend who is married and has been for 13 years. Here is what is going on she has 2 children ages 8 and a half and 3; since having her first one her husband thinks he doesn't have to do anything around the house(she is a stay at home mom and he works). Question is do you feel she should stay with him for the sake of the boys or leave. They fight and argue alot and are in foreclosure with their house right now so that is an added stress. Please suggestions would be helpful.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I think they should go the therapy and talk about their issues. Money issues are a huge strain on a marriage.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• This is not an issue for divorce but one to be talked about and come to some compromise.

Answer by older at 8:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Why is divorce always the first option? They need to go to counseling and work things out because they took vows for better or worse, till death.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 8:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with jamesonjustines - they should go to therapy and try to work on things. If it's only about the housework, if she doesnt work, then most of the housework should fall on her - my DH works construction so when he is out of work, he does the housework and stays home with the kids.. he expects me to do the same when I'm off from work. I wouldnt say stay together for only the kids sake, but 13 years is a long time to invest on someone just to leave without trying to make things work.
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 8:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with everyone else--divorce is permanent...money problems are not. They just need to work through it. It will make them stronger once it is all over with.
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 8:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• thank you everyone I will pass on your suggestions--keep them coming
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• they need counselling, and COMMUNICATION!!! LOTS OF IT!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think what they should do is up to them, not you.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no one was suggesting divorce that is the farthest thing from either of their minds they just need suggestions on how to make things run smoother
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2011