What would you do with a day off?

Hello All,

I decided to take the day off today. Nobody outside my boss knows that I took the day off (not even DH). I work about 60 hours a week and I can tell you I feel so liberated right now I just don't know what to do with myself.

I'm currently running around my house singing and dancing and giggling like a little girl. I really think I'm cuckoo for Coco-Puffs now. LOL.

I honestly don't know what to do with my day. What would you all do with a day off? I've really lost myself in being a mom and cannot even remember what I used to do with my free time when I had any. What to do, what to do...

WeRPhamily

Asked by WeRPhamily at 8:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Entertainment

• You work outside the home? You haven't told your Husband that you're home? I'm confused, you say you've lost yourself being a Mom? How, if you work outside of the home? Unless I misunderstood..... I guess I'm confused.

I have a day off everyday when they all go to school. I clean, watch my show at 11am, go shopping, run errands for Hubby, work in the yard if the weathers nice, nap.. Whatever I want during the week when they're in school...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I completely understand, I have the day off today too. I don't have any fun plans, I plan to nap and catch up on shows on my DVR and maybe treat myself to a nice lunch. You should enjoy yourself. there are days where I feel like all I do is work and clean, sometimes I need sometime just to be me again. I don't always remember what that is, today is your day- take a bath, rent a movie, relax. :)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• sit in the the hot tub with a bottle of bubbly,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sorry. I guess that could be confusing. I do have a career outside of the house work A LOT of hours. My day usually starts at 4am when I get up to feed my 4mo old. I then get my 2yo up around 5:30am & start getting all of us ready to go to daycare & then off to work. There hasn't been a day yet that the day has been slow enough for me to take a lunch break & by the time I know it it's time to go pick up the girls. We get home around 5:30pm. The baby sits in her bouncer & watches while her sister & I cook dinner & wait for DH. After all is said & done & dinner is done, bath time, & story time are over, the kitchen is cleaned, & the diaper bag & lunch bags are packed, it's about midnight. Then it starts all over at 4am. The weekends are much the same. I don't know anything anymore outside trying to be a good mother, wife, & trying not to be a workaholic. I can't remember what I used to do w/my free time. :-)
    WeRPhamily

Comment by WeRPhamily (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011