Im a stylist is it wrong 4 trend cutt 2 a 4yr

my daughter has such long hair and she hates brushing her hair so would it be wrong for me to want to cutt it all off? and then just give her a realy cute triangle graduation ..(posh bekinghan look) or is that to old for her....alllott of moms seem to think that you should leave a childs hair at one length i need some help...

MissLynne01

Asked by MissLynne01 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I've always let my daughter decide on her hair style - 4 may be a bit youg for her to really decide but have you asked her if she wants short hair? I say if you like it & she kinda does then go for it
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 8:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with it. She is YOUR child, if you want to cut her hair like that, then go for it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i kept both my dd's hair short till they where about 8 and could maintain it themselves and it was less drama on both of us.....its your child and you are the adult do what you feel is best
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Absolutely not. My son is 5 and likes having a mohawk. If that's how he wants his hair, then I'm fine with it. However, I do set a limit as to how long his hawk can get. Nothing more than a quarter of an inch.
    LogansMom831

Answer by LogansMom831 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Talk it over with her and show her pictures of what you are thinking of. You might try some creams like Deep Shine too. It makes hair more manageable.  And if you try it you only need a small amount to make a difference.  GL!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I had dd's hair cut into a simple little girl bob. She would scream whenever I tried to brush it. Finally, now, that she is 5, she's beginning to want to make those choices with her hair & needs my help. I think it just depends on the child & mom. Ur a hair stylist, so it seems natural to do a cute cut on your dd!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think it's a great idea. Long hair can be a problem.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would not go to drastic. I would ask her if she would like to have her hair cut. If yes, I would look at a book with children's hairstyles and let her help chose.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 11:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• HI, hairstylist here as well, my 6 year old boy wants Justin Bieber style hair,, the problem, have to grow it out a bit, and he looks like MO from the 3 stooges at the moment,, I say do it, if she has the hair type that it will look good in, better than fighting over the brush,, I can't get the comb out of my kids hand,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If your cuts are anything like your spelling I'd be scared.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011