DO YOU TELL YOUR FRIEND THAT HER KID IS CUTE... EVEN WHEN SHE IS NOT.?

3Grlz1AngelzMom

Asked by 3Grlz1AngelzMom at 1:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• If she asks me if her kid is cute, yes, I tell her that the kid is cute. Otherwise, I just don't say anything at all. But I would never tell anyone that their kid is not cute.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• No, you don't tell someone that. Cute is in the eye of the beholder and it would be just rude to tell someone their kid is not cute.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I'd tell her ... " aww your baby is so cute" she may not be cute to you, but i am sure that to your friend her baby is the most precious cute lil bugga of the world..... just tell her the baby is cute.... mothers expect that " awww she's so cute" you not telling her that will break her heart.....
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 1:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• If she asked me if her child was cute I would probably just say yes and change the subject. However, I never of my own accord go up to a child and say how cute they are if I don't necessarily think they are. Instead, I find a good feature about them and compliment it. For instance, "Aw wow look at his long eyelashes!"
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• A niece of mine was just awful looking when she was born. My sister knew it and asked me if I thought her daughter was "homely" as she put it. I told her the truth and she really appreciated it. My niece, now 4, is beautiful and my sis and I get to joke about my niece following the tale of the ugly duckling.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I prefer to use the term precious or something a little vague like that because I am not a good liar and I would hate to hurt my friend's feelings.
    AvonMom08

Answer by AvonMom08 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Me and My Friends are Close and they know that I WILL NOT hold my breath and bite my tongue. I am as honest as honest can get. I will tell my friend if the child is ugly, why lie?
    Anonymous

• I have never seen a kid that wasn't cute. How can a child be ugly?
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I usually use words like sweet, precious for cute or not so cute ones so it's always honest. If they are older, I will say nice looking girl or boy. Nice is different than handsome or beautiful and I am not able to lie about those things.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 2:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Yes. Because what is not cute to me might be cute to her and I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings
    fairysurreale

Answer by fairysurreale at 2:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2008