Eat your vegtables!!!! why wont she???

my daughter will not eat any kind of veggy the only one i can get her to eat is green beans wich is better then nothing.. but how do you get her to eat other veggy i tryed with butter and cheese. what do i do ...

MissLynne01

Asked by MissLynne01 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My daughter loves to eat veggies. I give them to her raw with ranch dressing dipping sauce or cream cheese! I don't know where she got it from because I used to hate veggies when I was little.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My daughter loved veggies when she was a little tyke and she still loves them today, my bf's daughter on the other hand will NOT eat them if I don't cut them up FINELY and hide it in her food she will eat, she is a very picky eater. She refuses most foods I don't know what else to do with her to get her to eat.
    ang3lk155

Answer by ang3lk155 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have the same issue... I've gone as far as bribing and blending up veggies and mixing them in with our foods. I can OCCASIONALLY get him to eat a baby carrot... but that's it. I HATED veggies as a kid, though. I just continue to offer them to him even though I know he won't eat them. Hopefully someday he'll change his mind.
    LogansMom831

Answer by LogansMom831 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Just keep offering them and other foods. If she eats, fine. If not, she will make up for it at a later time. Take all anger, frustration, bribery, etc out of the equation. Mealtime needs to be a fun, bonding, time with family.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I actually have this problem with meat. MY LO will eat her veggies first then move onto her meat and when all of that is gone I will give her whatever starch I made (rice, pasta or potatoes). I hold out on the starches b/c my child will eat those and nothing else if let her. Not eating veggies is not an option at our house. My DD ate so well last night she got dessert. Not something that she gets often.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• my ds is like that. he hates veggies and sauces. but we made carrot cake the other day and he loved it!! maybe try buying a puree and making muffins or something with the puree. And we tried givin him a puree, still didnt eat it!!!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Is it a power/control thing? Will she eat it if it's in something else (like spinach omlets or broccoli cheese soup)? That counts! I don't believe in sneaking constantly, but if a kid is refusing veggies on principle, it's okay to sneak it into something they already like and then later casually tell them that you like this pizza sauce with roasted red peppers in it (or whatever)... we should have this more often! And be creative with what you put veggies into. Who says you have to eat carrots plain? Turns out we all really like oatmeal with shredded carrots and raisins for breakfast (inspired by carrot cake!) And spinach or yellow squash can barely be tasted in a fruit and yogurt smoothie. Heck, I've started eating these things as a way to up my daily veggie intake. I think as long as you tell them what's in there, you are still teaching good habits.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011