Is it abnormal and not healthy to maintain a low grade fever constantly?

My two year old does this about every other day. 100-101°. Once again she got one last night. This has been going on for a while now.sometimes it's not even 100 but very close and before this she had a regular temp 98.6.wat may be going on? (and yes I plan on taking her in)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Not sure. I run low all the time. My norm is 97.8 - 98..... I'm almost never normal. But this does seem a bit high to be her "normal"
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 9:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• are you using a fever reducer?
    it could be the body is having a hard time fighting something off. a fever reducer can slow down and even prevent the body's natural healing.
    make sure your child is very well rested, and very well hydrated.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• people have various normals but 100.4 is the cut off really... start to chart the temps daily to see if you notice a pattern

cyclic fevers can be cause by tick born diseases like babesiosis lyme RMSF malaria

some people do have a base temp of 100 though and it is ok as long as there are no other symptoms
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011