What is so bad about the royal wedding?

I read in Time magazine in verbatim that someone plans to ruin the royal wedding with smoke bombs and stuff? What is so bad about this wedding? Yes it will be a lot of money but it is tradition and a very special occasion.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I doubt they think anything is bad about the Royal Wedding. They just want to use a huge event to get attention for themselves, and they don't care who they hurt to do it. Same as people who disrupt sporting events or hijack planes.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 10:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• There are some crazies out there, just looking to stir things up. I suppose though, it would be really difficult to watch something so extravagant go on, when one has lost their job, and is struggling.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Many people are upset over the expenses that will go into this wedding while so many are suffering. It especially upsets many seeing how the Queen herself had to ask Parliament for assistance paying the palace heating bill. So, see...she can't seem to wrangle the $$$ for the heating bill...but, will help spend MILLIONS on a wedding. The truth of having the wedding in such a fashion...entertainment for the rest of the world. I certainly won't be participating in viewing such wastefulness.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'm not sure why these two people getting married is any of our business. If they have enough money to have a lavish wedding, so be it. If puts people to work.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'm a bit tickled over it for the Prince. It's probably one of the few things I'll pay attention to this year on TV.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My husband is in the armed forces. We are moving base, and there is no housing for us because they slashed the budget so much.

My husband is in this country's armed forces, he's risking his life, and they cannot even get a house.

THAT is why it's a bad idea. We cannot afford this much money when we cannot even house our armed forces. Sorry for me for wanting to not be homeless instead of paying million upon millions for someone else's wedding.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• im in england and i agree with specialwingz .. a waste of money really esp when our country is in so much debt, evrything is being cut, more and more people out of work but it doesnt seem to have any effect on how many thousands/millions of pounds the wedding will cost
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Oh come on! I regular girl is going to become a princess (or something close)...how cool is that! Little girls dream of being princesses...this little girl's dream came true.

Besides, the wedding will bring in a LOT of tourism dollars.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I give up.....
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• 'Regular'? Seriously? She's no normal girl. She's as rich as they come, why do you think they're getting married, her family are extremely wealthy and very high society.
    If they're that rich, then they can pay for it like the rest of the population. I do resent my tax money being spent on a wedding when they are capable of paying, and when there isn't enough money for people to have homes.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011