What about their prices?!

So now that gas has been steadily going down or steady at a low rate when is the power bills and groceries and other goods whose prices were increased due to gas going to be lowered as well? Or is that wishful thinking because of inflation or just plain the consumer is used to the high prices so they are staying the same??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh I hadnt even thought about that, especially the power bill, that effected me alot last winter. I will wish with you lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 4:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I am wondering the same thing. Groceries are killing us nowdays. We can't go to the store and leave without paying at least 100.00 each week and we don't get anything for that. GRRR. Hate to see what our heating bill will end up being
    Hanaas_mommy

Answer by Hanaas_mommy at 4:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Groceries probably won't go down. The local news here said that would be wishful thinking a few weeks ago but I can't remember their reasoning.

I would hope that power and home heating (natural gas and home heating oil) would go down since that's all based on the price of oil. Let's all cross our fingers together.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We just received notice that both gas and electricity will be going up.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I was wondering about the groceries also since the price of diesel fuel has also gone down. That was the reason for the price hikes to begin with so yes, by my way of thinking they should go down. Not going to happen though.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I'm gonna break out the extra blankies, and romen noodles lol
    Anonymous

• I heard an interview on npr the other day. This is how it was explained. Since the gas prices go up without notice, these kinds of companies actually loose money during that month. So now they are recovering and prices will go down a month or so after gas has gone down.

Too complicated. Can't wait for more alternate forms of energy!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i can't remember the last time we faced pre-winter heating cycles when we weren't warned about a higher gas(for heating purposes) prices. its almost funny, the way they tell us each fall that we're likely to see higher heating prices...we always do!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Your right jcsscfam5, they will come down shortly.
    Actually milk here is already back down to $2.50 a gallon woo!!!!

Prices have to come down, because it will be the only way that suppliers will be able to be competitive with one another. And its super good for us consumers.

By christmas, expect to see really decent prices on most groceries.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 7:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My dad just got notice that his gas (to heat the house) bill will be going up about 15% this winter. Lovely. His electric bill went up drastically already. I'd rather have lower natural gas prices then gasoline for the car. We rarely use our car, but we need to heat our house in the winter.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008