Do you like...

your child's high school. why or why not?

EVERY single time I have to deal with the high school I leave amazed at how wonderful that place is. It is hands down the BEST school! I can not tell you how many teachers, during open house, say that they have worked in other schools and that we really need to appreciate how great our school is. How open, welcoming, non- low cliquish, the kids are bright and ready to learn.  wow... Im soooooo happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Our high school SUCKS. The elementary school is alright, middle school was a nightmare but they finally got rid of the principle who was just not a good person in general. The HS was alright until they got one principle and he had a 40% drop out rate in the 2 yrs he was there. Now they have a new one and he is alright. The admin there is just off their rocker. I have a special needs son and I met with one of the admins yesterday because they did not contact me for a problem that was happening, and it is in his 504. The person I talked to was in charge of 504's and he didnt even know who we were. He also didnt know much about Autism. It made me wonder how this person is in charge of both IEP and 504's and doesnt know anything about special needs kids.

Answer by gemgem at 10:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• WOW! our entire high school district has a drop out rate of 1% (just looked that up).... how the hell do you have a 40% drop out rate and not have the entire school board fired and a new principal in place asap???????

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• NO. We moved to TX and I have to say this is THE WORST school on almost every level that my kids have ever had to be in

they will not be going there next year-we will move to another city or another state entirely
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• *the administration here SUCKS...the kids here are the most disrespectful and just outright mean -a lot of the time it's to teachers
    the academic rating is low... lots of teen pregnancy...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The school my sons attended was okay....not the best and not the worst. We live in a community that is 1 mile by 1 mile in size and we have an elem. school (K-5) and a Junior/Senior High (6-12). The teachers are okay...not the best in their fields but not the worse. All 4 of the principlas that we have had in the last 11 years have all had good inetntions but it's a financially poor school district and there's only so much that cane be done. At the time that we moved to the village I homeschooled my children so we didn't really care about the schools there but then I became sick and it was necessary to put our sons in school. I wish they had had a better option.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The high schools ok. The middle school was terrible. You're very lucky!!!
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We have a great high school! The entire school is in the same building, and I do mean the whole school, from pre-k all the way to 12th. There is less than 150 high school students. Our town is less than 500 people. Everyone knows everyone, and we all keep tabs on each others kids. This is a public school, not private. I love small town living.

SunnyD1971

Answer by SunnyD1971 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No--it is very snobby and has a high drop out rate.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I hate it. I got so mad at the school several times and just last week. My son is failing a few classes and we told him we wanted all his missing work caught up. Well i called the school and left messages and nobody will call me back. and the teacher that was suppose to give him the papers he needed told him to come to the classroom when school got out and he did and she had left already. but it seems if he does something wrong then they have no problem calling me to let me know. and last year the asst principal was telling another parent personal info to another parent about my son. and the list goes on.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• wow sunny.... I dont think I have it in me to live in a town of 500 I think I would be board out of my mind. There are 700 kids in our elementary school alone and 6 elementary schools in about a 5 mile radius of my home.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2011