It might start a fight but wouldn't it be worth it some times??

Husband works long hours, one 3 day weekend off per month (THIS WEEKEND) -- so I think he deserves a good rest when he does get time off. But I'm starting to get annoyed. He came home early yesterday - napped on the couch on and off through the whole rest of the day and evening (nope, he's not sick -- I'd give him EVERY ounce of love and care if he was, trust me). We went to bed at 9:30 last night... it's now 9:30AM and he won't freakin get up! We set our alarm for 7 because we had plans this morning (breakfast out at a new restaurant), then run his truck to the shop (by noon) for new tires, then we have tickets for a truck show that starts at 2. And here it is going on 10AM and he won't get his ass up!
And I just know that when he does get up I'm gonna get the "Hubba-Hubba" routine (that's his way of saying "hurry up woman, I'm ready to go".
It just aggravates the daylights out of me that he breaks OUR plans so easy -- but then he gives me the rush-treatment so we can get to go do all the stuff that HE enjoys doing.
(I love this man dearly - but I reserve the right to not like some of the things he does)

I've had breakfast without him, and I'm sitting here just waiting....... Been waiting for 2 freakin hours because of knowing how he is - I got up at 6 and got my shower, hair done, makeup on, etc. (cuz I know when he gets up, it's wham-bam-shower-slam-I'm-done-let's-go! and if I dare not be ready, I find myself poking myself in the eye with mascara while we drive down the road)

GRRRRRR I'm thinking of getting the ice water and pouring it on him.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• haha I'd do it - get the ice water!.. wait no.. then you'll have the clean up the mess. I'd wake him up. tell him someone stole his truck.. see how fast he gets up :)
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 10:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• hahahaha lmao
    do it!! LOL
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• haha! sometimes it irritates me too when my SO just lays around or sleeps all day. He works long shifts 3pm-1am. His only day off is Friday & usually the weekend. Occasionally he'll have a duty weekend (once a month). i think his hours are crazy so i'll cut him some slack. but when it seems unreasonable (i.e. sleeping ALL day), i give him something to do. like... get the baby dressed and ready (no easy task) before we go while i clean stuff or vice versa, or just anything. i do hate it when i'm trying to get ready and he's not around then all of a sudden "well i'm done, are you ready?" then i tell him "No... maybe if you help me i can get done faster."

sometimes arguments are a good way to get things out and get your feelings across... then eventually when all is calm.. to really work things out. i'm really not sure if that helped at all. i feel like it didn't O__o.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 10:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My husband is the same way. I sympathize completely.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• wow, soooo sounds like my dh! i try to wake him for hours then he finally gets up grouching and then we r late for our plans and somehow its my fault. i hae yet to find a solution in 5 years... this problem of non motivation has cause many other problems in our relationship as well. hope ucan get some good advice and get itg nipped in the but early! GL!
    ash.k.ray

Answer by ash.k.ray at 10:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• haha sounds like my husband except my hubby wouldnt dare go to bed at 9:30 I'm lucky if he comes to bed at 12 then i wake up with the kids at 7 or 8 and he sleeps til 10 or 11 then gets up and showers and goes out the door to work.. i feel your pain. it annoys me that the ONLY time we see him when i make him get up (like he is a child or somehting?? jeez) and then he is grumpy til he leaves for work. and he gets home btw 6-8 so its not like he works really late or anything just doesnt seem to get on our schedule.. which i will start school back in april and then he will have to get on our schedule because if not he will NEVER see us since i will be taking the kids to daycare and then be gone to school before he gets up and then he wont get home til we are going to bed. i would pour the ice on him.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Bluerubychick - that's priceless. So glad you (and others) could see the lighter side of my frustration. This was a total small time vent. Nothing serious at all. Matter of fact he was up within 30 minutes of the post, doing exactly what I said he would do.... "Hubba Hubba"

Mousuke -- relax --- I'm up at 2 AM 7 days a week (or ever how many days in a row he has to work) making him breakfast, packing his lunch, start his truck while he showers, laundering giant coveralls, making sure he has small bills for sodas, separating his receipts, fielding 2:30AM phone calls so he don't miss a message while he showers and then some..... I think I'm very supportive. How about you come on over to the wife side and enjoy the laugh of the post. (See it like it is... I've been being supportive every day for weeks, I get one weekend a month with him, I think I earn the privilege of snipping a little when he breaks our plans).
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Instead of dragging your overworked husband out of bed and complaining over the small stuff, why don't you get up earlier to fix the two of you a nice breakfast and eat it together in bed? Let him enjoy his time off.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011