I got a blood transfusion after having my middle daughter. Does anyone know if the doners DNA is still in my system?

I had my 3rd daughter after the transfusion and she is having some medical issues and she dosen't look anything like my other 2 daughters she has blond hair and blue eyes my other 2 daughters have dark brown and dark brown eyes. Iam probably being CRAZY! You all know how us mom's get about our kids.

lee74

Asked by lee74 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• The DNA from a transfusion is broken down fairly quickly by your body.
    There's no way the DNA made its way to your egg and contributed. You have nothing to worry about

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Butterffly is right, there is no way that your kiddo has the donor's DNA! Hope she gets better!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Unless you got a SPERM donation, blood isnt going to cause you child to be genetically linked to someone you didnt have sex with!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes not even remotely possible. Both you and the father have genetic codes that are quite elaborate. With hair and eye color it is possible to have this outcome but your and the dad have to have recessant genes for blue eyes/blonde hair. If either you or your husband or you contributed in the random lottery of genetics the dominant gene of brown then the outcome would be looking like your other daughters. So basically it was a genetic coin toss and you got two heads this time. Does that make any sense? I am guessing if you go back a generation or two you will find someone on one side of the family with these attributes.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My daughters both have hazel eyes but my husband has brown & I have blue. I know 110% he's their dad! You cant decide parentage by eye color or hair color. Its more detailed then that
    Anonymous