Does a medical release have to be typed up? i dont have a printer

wht does medical release normally say? would you do one if your child was going over night away from you with your inlaws

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• It can be hand-written. But, regardless of how yo do it (typed or hand), it will need to be notarized. All it needs to say is that you grant so-an-so the permission to seek medical attention in the event of an emergency. It will also need to contain the insurance information. And, of course you will need to sign it in front of the notary as well.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Have you ever had your child in daycare? They will have a copy of it, if not call your doctor, they should have blank coppies. I guess in a pinch you could write one out, take it to your bank and have it notarized,,,also send your insurance card with him!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• thank you ladies for your help!
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You're welcome! And, to answer the 2nd half of your question...yes, I would do it. I did it anytime my kids were with someone else for any length of time. You just never know when something might happen. Better to be prepared.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2011