Swollen lymph node

is this a reason to go to the er. they have only been swollen since lastnight, i think its because of my ears.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• No its just a symptom of an ear infection likely. You can see your family dr.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'm no medic but a mom, when my kids or myself have swollen lymph nodes, it usually signifies some kind of virus present. I don't think the emergency room is the place to go because it's quite frankly, not an emergency. In that instance, if you have a fever as well, why not call your doctor and speak to the nurse and they will often direct you as what to do. Our office has urgent care which is when you're seen for such things as illness and not life threatening issues. There are sometimes, clinics and urgent care places individually operated from a doctor's office who specialize in flues, ear infections, colds, etc.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011