Idea's on inducing labour at home im 38 weeks today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What is the rush baby will come out when he/she is good and ready.

Answer by older at 10:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Exactly what older said! Have 4 kids & not ONCE did I want them to come before they were ready. There is a reason he/she isn't here yet. It takes 40 weeks for a baby to fully develop. Do you take your cake out of the oven before it's done?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I tried sex, spicy food, nothing worked. What did work for me was my OB separating my membranes. I have heard nipple stimulation works but can come on really strong and takes a long time to work. I really wasnt comfortable with the idea of pinching and twisting my nipples for 90 minutes!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I know it's hard but just be patient.... I had my son at 38 weeks but I was doing alot of walking. Trust me, I look back and miss feeling those lil kick and hiccups you feel when you're pregnant. (I b no means wanna be prego now tho lol) and they grow up so fast, so savor the moments!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i heard eating lots of pineapple will induce labor but u know how that goes... i agree with the ladies though hang in there u only have a little bit left to go . i still have 3 months! GL
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i was told walking and sex but don't get your hopes hope im 38 and 3 days iv tryed everything and it just left me sad and depressed cuz nothing changed so just don't get your hopes up i hope it works for you atleast
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I tried everything possible with my 1st - Midwife's orders since I was 2 weeks overdue and nothing worked - I had to be induced due to pre-E. Now since I had complications #2 & #3 were scheduled c/s but #3 decided to make his entrance over a week earlier than the scheduled date, so he was 2 1/2 weeks early with no coaxing.. the baby will let you know when its ready.
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 12:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I understand the rush lol! Its exciting meetin your little one. Unfortunatelly I have no tips.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We can not force an egg to ovulate --or rush the sperm to meet the egg.

We can't hurry an embryo to develop any more quickly than it will...

We can not rush our bodies to be ready before they are ...ready.
    Our fetus is still inside for an important reason.

There are risky drugs that can be used when weighing risks (baby is safer OUTside than in).
    If you don't have those complications then you can remember that your body already knows what it's doing~
    Patience and good luck!

:-D

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I heard about castor oil, I think it might just give you the s**ts but some moms swear by it....
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011