Any advice on working from home - please!

I am a newly single mom of 2 young daughters and am working as a nanny right now but I don't want to anymore if I can find a way around it. The best option is to find something I can do at home but its so hard to tell the scams from the real deal. Do any of you work at home and would you be able to recommend a good 'work from home' option?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• workathome.com from that Dr. Laura chick on 650KSTE
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have never heard of one that didn't require any kind of start up cost that was legit. I tried selling Mary Kay years ago and didn't do well with that because even though I LOVE their products, it is hard to get people to try it! Then I found Scentsy two years ago and I am doing so much better with that than I thought I would! It is SO EASY to sell, and so many people use the internet now that I get tons of onine orders and don't have to do anything to process or ship it, Scentsy ships directly. It is awesome. If you would like more information, you can visit my website: https://TiffanieMiller.scentsy.us or PM me for more info.

Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Look at a home business. The start-up costs are minimal compared to starting something from scratch and the financial benefits are greater than doing a job at home. I love my home business and all the amazing benefits.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 4:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2011