My DD is crying to see her dad's girlfriend.......i'm torn.

I came across a picture with him, her, and my 2 dd's (which pissed me off she has pictures of my kids anyways on her page) But my 2 year old DD started crying that she wanted to see her......my heart broke in half. I am torn apart. That she was crying to see her, but when I asked if she wanted to see mommy, she said NO! I know she's 2, and doesn't understand, but it still made me want to cry my eyes out.... How can I cope with this kind of stuff??

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she doesn't want to see you because you are already there. I know your heart is breaking, but try to look at it on the bright side: it means she likes her, that this gf is nice to her...would you rather she be mean to your baby?? of course not!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think its natural for you to feel bad, but honestly be happy if you can that she cares for his GF so much which means she treats her well and you can feel relieved about the time they spend together. It could be so much worse, such as if she was being mistreated or she cried about spending time with her.

My DD says I dont love you Mommy I love Daddy all the time when Im the SAHM and hes hardly home. I think he is a novelty to her like the GF is for your DD. Kids are fickle. Please be relieved they have a good relationship.

Also keep in mind kids at that age don't understand they can love or miss MORE than one person at once. They think its either or.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with the first answer... Take comfort knowing that she loves her. She's only 2, she doesn't understand the adult side of it all.. She just loves her.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• She sees you right there so she doesnt have to ask for you. You just need to start now with well you will see her when you see your dad.You dont need to feel bad though. She has you when you have her, and she can see her dad and his gf if he wants them to on his time.

Answer by gemgem at 11:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I know it sucks, but at least be thankful the girlfriend is good to your kids,, can you imagine if she was screaming not to go to her dad's because she is a witch? I would perhaps talk to her about posting your kids pictures on I'm guessing Facebook? I don't put my kiddos pictures up, you never know who is looking at them, lots of bad people in the world.. but be calm when you do! Huggles momma, and nobody can replace you!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I know it's hard, but be happy that he is with someone who loves your kids. Obviously she treats them well. They are not choosing her over you. They just like her. They will always love mommy more.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• A few days ago my son told my husband that he didn't love him. (no issues with Daddy aside from being strict) Kids have favorites from time to time especially at that age, but I guarantee you the tried and true Mommy will always win in the long run. You see the heart breaking stories on here about women afraid to let their child go for Dad for the weekend and in comparison things could be much, much worse. I think my son would leave me in a hearbeat at least for a few days for his babysitter from when he was younger. There is no limit on a childs capacity to love and its the thing that they need most in the world, so if I were you I would be understandly hurt, bitter and worried but also be trying my darndest to not feel bent out of shape and try to be happy for your daughter to have found yet another person she can wrap around her little finger.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Hugs :( That's so hard to imagine but I'd try to look on the bright side, at least you know by this that his gf is good to her and I'd feel more comfortable that way then if she was terrified by the thought of her. You'll always be her mommy though and she doesn't understand the connection so chin up :)
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011