Anyone have placenta prievia?

The tech said my placenta is completely covering my cervic... I'm 22 weeks pregnant... so they said there is still time for it to move, but it's not gurenteed that it will move... Anyone ever had this happen? Did it move for you? Did it stay? Please share your experiences with me... I already had a small abruption... So I'm scared. (please don't make fun of my spelling I don't have a spell check button)

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 4:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my sister in law had it. they put her on bed rest for several weeks. her finally did move about the time she was 24wks. just take it easy and dont be lifting anything.
    Anonymous

• A couple of my friends had it.. The one had a partial placenta previa, and it did move out of the way before birth. The other girl had complete previa, and she ended up having a c-section :( just like the previous poster said, take it easy, it is all you can do... GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 4:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Does anyone know why this occurs? In the book I was reading it says it occurs ususally because the mother is in mature reproductive age (I'm only 25) or becasue of previous miscarriages and pregnancies..(which I have had none) So I'm confused.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 4:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I found out I had it at 17wks but they said it was nothing to worry about causeit would move just no exercising and to take it kinda easy. Well, I'm 25wks today and found out at my doc appt yesterday that they had found out that it corrected itself when I went to my 3D ultrasound when I was 22wks so it will most likely move.

xoladinluvxo16

Answer by xoladinluvxo16 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I am not sure... but the placenta moves around a little bit throughout the pregnancy... neither of my friends were older or had previous miscarriages either... I think of it just as the placenta just thinking the cervical opening as not an opening at all... I think it just assumes the uterus is a complete shape, and by doing so goes over the opening believing it to be a solid surface.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 5:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Hey you!!!!! I had it early on and was placed on bed rest at that time. Had to have follow-up ultrasounds to see if it would merge up and it did. The very edge of it was just touching the cervix opening so it obviously merged up. I was released on bed rest and have just been taking it very very easy - no heavy lifting and getting a ton of rest. It should correct itself and begin to migrate up as your belly grows... Hoping the best for ya!
    LalaMo

Answer by LalaMo at 5:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008