Is there any other moms that suffer from sever adult A.D.H.D like me?

I suffer from sever adult A.D.H.D and O.C.D. I am currently on 3 aday 30mg adderall and 3 aday 1.0mg xanax. I think sometimes that a little to much but it really does help. I just get so upset sometimes that I have to take all hat medication just to be somewhat normal. I guess I just looking for someone else who is dealing with the same thing or somewhat close to it.

GENIVA-DIANE

Asked by GENIVA-DIANE at 11:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have mild ADD as well as mood swings, anxiety and mild chronic depression. I take meds for all three and have to say life is much more even keeled now for me. Drugs are a great tool to keep us from going a little nutso and feeling awful. Don't feel upset that you need to take them but when you say too much I am wondering if you feel you have neg side effects and if you do talk to your dr because its all trial and error and the dose or drug may not be right anymore.

Also do you have someone professional to talk to? I see a psychologist once a week and have for like 8 years and it helps as much as the drugs do. Keep your chin up, your health is worth it!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sorry to hear that you have to deal with all this, but I'm glad that you have found something that helps. My husband has adult ADHD, and this is why I'm in charge of the kid! He know's he wouldn't have the patience to care for our kid all day long... he gets so antsy even taking him to the park for a bit. Don't get upset that you have to take all that medication. You should feel proud of yourself for taking responsibility for your health so that you can be a good mom! Being a mom can be overwhelming even for "normal" people... is there any way you could talk this all out with a therapist? Good luck!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My mom has ADHD. She has tried Ritalin in the past but she hasnt taken anything for years for it. She often feels different than others because she gets overly excited about stuff. She does all kinds of extreme stuff like buying a ton of stuff and then returning it because she cant make up her mind in the store. She feels behind because she cant get stuff done like balance the checkbook. She is always sidetracked and procrastinating. It is a struggle. We dont talk about her ADHD instead it is just how she is..on the flip side she has more fun and enjoys everything way more than anyone I know. She laughs a lot and is always on the go..would be nice if the energy was channeled sometimes but she is happy.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2011