Is it Facebook stalking when...

Using my first name and my location, a Cafemom friend found me on Facebook and sent me a friend request. Should I find that creepy or normal? It would have been better for her to ask me first, right?

Wandybrine

Asked by Wandybrine at 11:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• i'd find that creepy. someone went out of their way to find you
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• friending you on FB IS asking you
    granted her method was shady.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Odd, but are you in a group with others that are your friend on facebook? Do you chat with her on Cafemom? I would think that if neither of those is the case, she had to look a long time to find you,,kinda weird!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• neither. fb is an open book at times. I find it to be ok but after awhile it feels so stalkish in general to look over everyone's business. I do not think she was being stalkish . She sounds lonely. She should've told you on cm that she wanted to add you on as a friend.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think it depends on how friendly you are on Cafemom... facebook is all about finding random people from your life to connect with.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't find it creepy unless she was ACTING creepy about it, or just strange in general. I've had something similar happen, and it turned out she was not a she. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It's creepy if you decline the request and she asks you again... repeatedly.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I don't think it's creepy. She just wanted to be your friend on Facebook. It would take more than that to creep me out. I mean, she's already your CafeMom friend, right? If she started messaging you constantly or something that might get to be a bit much, but in the way you described it I would just assume it was harmless and she was being friendly.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't say creepy she obviosuly wants to be your friend and get to know you more. If it's so creepy to you then maybe you shouldn't be on cafemom either!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 5:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011