I guess have a small adult in my house! Have I given him to much leeway?

This past weekend, my 6 year old had 2 friends spend the night, I was very impressed with how well behaved they were, but I noticed that when they played together, my son was "the boss" not rude or anything, but very controlling of any situation, they were wrestling around and both he and another kid bumped their heads, the boy cried and cried, and put him on my lap, my son say it hurt, but suck it up you big baby! Now, I only have 1 kiddo, and he is mature for his age, his dad and I never really baby-talked with him, he is great with his pets, but I was kind amazed/embarrassed at what little bossy kind of not compassionate little boy he acted like!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol..my oldest can be like that.i was the oldest of 4 kids..and i was like that....my best friend from childhood was a single child..she was ans still is like that...my othe b.f ..her oldest daughter of 4 kids is also like that.
    i think its an independant attitude that single children and the oldest child takes on.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He's learning that behavior somewhere. I'd investigate

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011