Is it just my kid?

My 13 yo started her cycle in August and her grades have gone downhill in Math and Science and she is making such bad choices in friendships and her actions. Has anyone else noticed the correlation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• my girls are still toddlers but i remember when i started mine at 11 yrs old my grades splipped and i argued a lot with my mom. Probably just hormones.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I didnt have that problem with my oldest dd. She was 10 when she got hers though, almost 11. She did get a little mouthy though and I think it was hormones. You should take her to the doctor and make sure she doesnt maybe have bad pms. I used to have pms really bad as a teen and my cramps were so bad along with bloating and headaches it distracted me.

Answer by gemgem at 11:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes, my daughter has friends that are not her friends. Make any sense. She is trying to fit in, but can't seem to keep her self out of trouble. I am working on building her self esteem. If you ask me that has a lot to do with it.

We are working on it together, and trying to build our bond up again. More us time, more you are better then that- I complament her more then I use too. She needs to see that she is a good kid just making bad choices.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes I believe there is definite connection. Her hormones are going crazy. My daughter developed severe anxiety during this time. Love her through it. Make sure you are keeping the lines of communication open. Good luck!
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sounds like the hormones talking, but it might just be coincidence. Try going out to lunch and having a quiet talk.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nothing unusual..she is going through the change in her body and now mind and school work is coming secondary to her and she will continue for a while so do worry to much...let her know her school work is important and if she doesn't bring her grads up there will be consiquences.
    Friends are another story she is trying to fit in and her choice is good for her and bad for you but she won't change that either until she gets in trouble, keep on her monitor where she goes what she does and who she can spend the night with. Meet her friends and get a fill of how they are and meet their parents i did
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Hormones do have alot to do with what is going on..So many changes all at once!!..My daughter had hers at the age of 14, she is almost 16...And yes I have seen a major change when she started!!..We always were close, but when this happened..Well let me just say: Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Hyde lol!..She has ups and downs quiete often!..Her grades are not so great!!..She was always a A-B student, but this year something happened!..She got a taste of her girlfiends freedom next door!..Thought she could do same things as her girlfiend and get away with it!!..Being deceptive not answer our txts or calls, coming in after curfew, and wanting to move out and live with her girlfiend's family..Her reason was because she felt we were too strict and did not give her enough freedom!!..For awhile there it was a bumpy ride!!..Things are getting better..we have talked..I actually gave the freedom she didn't want!!lol Used a little reverse Psychology !!
    mumstheword155

Answer by mumstheword155 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2011