My daughter in law has made abusive messages in the past

I Even changed my phone #. Now that we are moving forward and we want to visit our grandson. Would I be out of line to not give my Daughter INLAW. my new # but when have our grandson only talk to my son. my son has my # she is blocked from my phone. Or as his mother does she need "MY" #. She hasnt left any messages since july.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• For the sake of your son's marriage I would give it to her and try again, then if the same things happens block her again.

Answer by older at 11:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• She hasn't left any messages since July. Wouldn't that be because you blocked her though? (not meant to sound rude just wondering if that is when you blocked her) You can always unblock her and if she starts in with rude messages again just block her again. Tough situation. I wish I had better answers for you. Good luck.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would think she would need your number if her son was going to be over there. I would be uncomfortable as a mother sending my son with someone who I didn't have a way to reach if I needed to. My DH is not always around me 24/7, so even if he had the number, I'd still be wary of sending my baby away with you. Sorry. I understand she's sent you abusive texts or whatever in the past, but can't you try to move past it for the baby? Maybe I need more of the story to really 'get it'.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would give it to her. At some point you are going to have to move on and forgive her if she is with you son, and even if she is not she is your grandsons mother. I dont particularly like my son in law, but I would not want to cause anymore drama then I needed to in a situation like this. If she screws up again then you would be justified in not giving her a phone number. She would have had a chance to redeem herself and failed at that point.

Answer by gemgem at 11:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would ask your son to intervene and get a promise for the txt message rudeness to stop. I do think she needs your number when you have her child.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree, if you were going to have my child then I woud need to be able to reach you. Obviously the history is there between you but I think you just have to move forward with cautious optimism and hope for the best.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Swallow your pride and try to make amends at all costs.Or suffer the coming" you cannot see my son " text.Whatever the problem your son picked her.I know its hard but you can do this .Good Luck.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011