Do you stay up late or get up extra early just for alone time?

(And hopefully not both!)

I find myself staying up late watching TV I wouldn't watch in front of the kids like 48 Hours on Discovery ID just for some me time. I know other moms get up early to savor their coffee or get chores in undisturbed.

What do you do?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 11:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I used to stay up late, as I'm really not naturally a morning person, but then my daughter started to stay up later so the only thing that I can do now is get up early. I need my quiet alone time!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I stay up for an hour or two after kids are in bed watching shows I like. Sometimes I read or come on CM.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I stay up late for my time.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I stay up late-its the only "alone" time I have to myself after the kids and husband are sleeping
    DMJ3

Answer by DMJ3 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I stay up late, DD is in bed by 830 and I usually go to bed around 10. Sometimes Ill stay up and extra hour so I can catch up on recorded shows and get on CM
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wake two hours early just to visit CM, Facebook, and watch tv shows I don't get to see. Then I wake the kids to get ready for school.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I stay up late. I keep saying I am going to bed at a decent hour but when I put the kids to bed, I get a little burst of energy and enjoy the quiet time to do what I want to do or need to finally.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Stay up late. That way I don't feel rushed, like I would in the morning with a deadline of having to get the kids up in time. And I have a difficult enough time getting up on time myself, so getting up early would be practically impossible, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• stay up late
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I stay up late I am so not a morning person.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 1:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011