What can you do if someone you're around is wearing a perfume that gives you a headache?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Excuse yourself and leave!

Answer by older at 11:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would say something nice & just let that person know...I've done that before
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have always heard that keeping a jar of coffee beans on hand to smell occasionally would keep headaches away. Maybe you could try that? We've always had to be really careful about what kind of perfume we wore around my grandmother because she gets headaches from it very easily, and all she has ever done with ANYONE is just ask because she has allergies. No one that I know of has gotten upset at her for it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• dont make any comment and move to another side...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I use to work with someone like that and I always knew when she was around even though I hadn't seen her yet. There was a layer of cloud in the room when she was there even though she wasn't in the room. Luckily for me I was done with my shift and left. I mean she was a nice lady and I never said anything because really it's her taste in perfume. I think i would just go outside and get a breath of fresh air and hopefully headace will go away.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would say something in a nice way. I get headaches from perfume too and sometimes watery eyes and sneezing.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I made a little mistake ,i asked my boss at the time why?Why was it needed to poison us all ?I told her that the musk she wears must of killed many an animal for that much and that i get bad headaches from the smell ,which stays after she would leave for over an hour!!We had another lady that would use avon cream sachet for deodorant.Yep put cream under her arms this stunk like a bad powder room on steroids!!I do not know why ladies do this.I like being able to smell and after some i cannot for quite a while.They say cigarettes stink ,not as bad as this stuff does.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I mentioned it to her and she quit coming around. That was not my intent at all. I liked hanging out with her. Her perfumes gave me awful headaches. I wish I had the answer for you. :( Good luck.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The worst is that musky perfume back in the 80's. Gross my aunt would wear it to work and it would gag me. I never told her cuz she was very snotty.....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• This was a huge issue at the place I worked over Christmas. One of the ladies bought herself a bottle of perfume for Christmas and she started wearing it to work... it didn't smell bad, but she'd spray it in the VERY tiny break room (about four of us could fit in this room) where it wouldn't leave. A few of us got headaches from it, but only one person said something. It started a huge fight where people took sides (really sad, considering we were all grown ups). None of us really knew what to say without it coming off as rude, especially since the woman with the perfume was so nice!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011