I don't like playing with my kids anymore...

I don't just mean I get bored every now and then. I mean I'm bored all the time, as in, I no longer want to do it. I find myself being "too busy" all the time so that my kids have to go play together and leave me alone. Out of guilt I'll play one board game or do one puzzle in the evening before bedtime. I feel horrible! But the thought of playing mindless games and activities anymore just makes me feel like I'll go crazy! How do you deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Let them play together. I rarely get down and play anymore.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Luck you -- you have more than one child at home so they can spend time playing together -- with one child, there is no choice! I DO get titred though of all the "pretend we are kitty" games!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I feel you! It makes you feel guilty, but our children don't realize how much we do for them in a day! It is alot and playing the games or puzzles or whatever gets monotanous for us!! Good luck, don't feel guilty being a mom is hard work!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You will totally regret this one day.

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• lol, i feel like this somedays, but soon they wont want you around anymore so maybe you should consider that before they turn into slf absorbed S**** head teens!
    Asmash

Answer by Asmash at 11:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You just need some down time. Itll get interesting again once you have maybe had a break from it. I only have my 6 yr old full time (My 17 yr old doesnt exactly want to play board games or draw lol). I force myself to be interested for her sake. I play with her atleast an hour and read to her for atleast 45 minutes every night. Once she is in bed I have my time for me. Even still I do get tired of playing sometimes and ask my husband do help me.

Answer by gemgem at 11:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Maybe it's because my daughter is only 2 1/2 but I NEVER get tired of her. I treasure every moment...too soon the moments when they actually WANT to be with you will be gone. They are only young once and they love their mommy...I would feel like crap too. I mean, there is nothing wrong with them playing together and every one needs a break...but to just not even want to play with your kids, makes me feel like you will regret that one day. Maybe you need some time away so you can appreciate them more.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have 2 close friends who have lost children. They would give anything to play with their's just one more time. I understand it can be overwhelming at times, just don't take these precious years for granted.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with Older.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 1:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I feel the same way a lot too and then have major guilt after because kids are only kids for so long. What I have found though is that I WANT to spend more time with my child when I am able to get some space sometimes. I also need to be happy and do things for myself in order to always enjoy time with my kids, otherwise it becomes a chore unfortunatley.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011