What a flippin wench!! What would you do?

So I posted an ad on Craigslist for babysitting. I received a call from a lady who wants me to babysit her children on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays. I would have to pick them up, (all three children ages 3, 4, and 10) at their day care, and elementary school by 5 and 5:30. And the mother would pick them up by 9. And Saturdays I would pick up the children by 9 am till 1 pm.

She wanted me to start tomorrow and she wanted to pay me 300 a week (she offered, I was only charging 170!), for the days I watch them.

We were supposed to meet on Wednesday and talk and get to know one another better. I call her and she tells me she has an ear infection, and sinus. So obviously she had to cancel. She told me she would call me back Thursday or Friday. I didnt hear from her yesterday, but today, just 30 minutes ago i call her to see what the plans are for tomorrow and to see if I she still needed me to sit her kids bc she has school tomorrow.

So I call and she answers like this " Helloooooo (in an annoyed voice)" I say "Hi Amber" She says "Yeeeees (annoyed voice) I say "This is *My name*" She says "This really isnt a good time, it really isnt. We're all sick, Lindsey is here puking up right beside me, I missed another day of work, this is not a good time, Im going to have to get back to you on Monday" (in a very annoyed voice again) I say "Oh, ok, Ill talk to you then, bye"

I mean I understand she is sick, and all three kids are sick, but Lord, thats not a good way to keep my business... right? Im sick as well, I have Acute bronchitis Im getting over, so I know her pain. My two little ones are on nebulizers and are getting over their colds too.

I really** want her business! (she doesnt know this)

Thats why Im trying to stay in touch, But Im thinking that if she is this bitchy now, maybe its a good thing she doesnt call me back.

What should I do? Keep her business, or just kick her butt to the curb?

sphillips6

Asked by sphillips6 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would just leave it alone unless she calls you back and wants you to watch them -- I would also keep in mind that she can be rude and inconsiderate.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would be bitchy too if I were sick with 3 sick kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would leave the ball in her court and move on. If you keep calling her, she might mistake that for harassment and you'll never get her business that way. You called her twice, that's enough.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would wait and see if she contacts you on monday. I would give her the some slack for her being rude only because everyone is sick and she's probably pulling her hair out. But if you don't hear from her Monday kick her to the curb...............
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 11:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sorry but after the last 14 days I have had being sick myself, having a 6 tr old with a 103 fever up all night puking, and crying I have been a royal bitch to alot of people. Even my best friend hasnt called because she knows I am exhausted, cranky, and not worth talking to. I think you need to understand what she is going through. Let them get over being sick and I am sure she will call you when she needs you.

Answer by gemgem at 11:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I don't think she was particularly bitchy, considering the circumstances. Let her contact you.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yeah, I'd leave it alone and just wait until she calls you. I agree..she was rude...but I know when I'm not feeling good and I have to take care of the kids that also don't feel good..I'm not all that chipper and nice either,lol. Its not a good excuse to be rude to someone though! Just give it the weekend to think about it for yourself..to decide what you want to do IF she calls you on Monday or not.
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would wait and see, if she is sick with 3 sick kids don't just just yet, that is alot to deal with. Just wait for her to call you back at this point.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Im a very nice girl, even when im deathly ill. And even when someone is rude (not amber) I usually brush it off. Kind of like a mat to be stepped on. (not a very good trait to have) I just hope this is not that type of relationship.
    sphillips6

Comment by sphillips6 (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't want to talk either if I was sick but then again I wouldn't have answered the phone if my child was puking. See how she acts when she calls you back but keep in mind you have a taste of what you will be dealing with.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011