Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On feb 24 my grandma will have now passed away a year. What kind of card should I send to my mom and grandpa?

I want to send a card to let them know thinking of them. But do send a cheer up card or thinking of you card. I do not know if make card for this or not. Any help would be great. Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by momindiana at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Shopping

Level 22 (13,326 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I would send a thinking of you card.

    Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I would send a thinking of you card, too.

    Answer by mommy_jules at 11:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • There are lots of beautiful "Thinking of You" cards that would be appropriate. As well as "inspirational" cards.

    Answer by specialwingz at 11:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • Are you planning to do something special for your grandma on that date? Light a candle, set an extra plate at the table and have her favorite meal? You could tell mom and grandpa that. Do you have children? You could take out the photo album and tell "grandma" stories. I think I would feel good about it if my children did that for my late husband.

    Answer by Kimimale at 12:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • I don't think this is a card moment. I think this is a pick up the phone moment. But that is just me. Go to the card store and see if something calls to you.

    Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

  • If you're going to send a card, I would choose a beautiful blank card and add a heartfelt note that YOU have chosen to write. I also agree with LoveMyDog, though, that perhaps a phone call might be more meaningful. Good for you, though, for choosing to reach out to your loved ones on that day.

    Answer by evwsquared at 3:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.