Does anyone have an idea for a good daycare or private at-home daycare around Laurel, MD? I know I'm going to have to go back to work as soon as I can after he's born and I want to find out as much as I can now.

I'm worried that this decision will get rushed. Also, how early did you start looking if you looked for a daycare provider? Am I jumping the gun? I'm at 22 weeks, but my doctor plans to induce and deliver (if I don't go into labor on my own) at 37 weeks. I don't want to be unprepared for when I have to go back to work. I don't have any family daycare options in case things don't work out, so I'm obsessing a bit I think.

Theatre_Mama

Asked by Theatre_Mama at 4:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not a fan of putting babies in daycare to many germs so when my son was born and i had to go back to work we hired a nanny/babysiter to come to our house. She came 4days a week and we paid her 500amonth. your probably going to pay about the same in daycare. plus you can screen them better that way run your own background checks.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I had my daughter at Chidren of America... I think there is one in MD.... not positive. I am in VA. The only reason she isnt there anymore is because she kept getting sick (that will happen anywhere). She is now being watched by my neighbor, 4 days per week for about 3 hrs.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008