Do you ever....

Feel guilty about not taking your children somewhere? When me and the hubby go out to eat, and my mom watches Phoenix I feel really guilty about not bringing him whenever I see someone else with their kids.

PhoenixsMommy10

Asked by PhoenixsMommy10 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's VERY rare that I go ANYWHERE with out the gremlins, and it's usually somewhere it's inappropriate for them to be.. lol.. but I DO feel guilty when I've left them behind.. (=
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My DH and I finally got to go out on V-day for dinner and left DD w/ a babysitter, we hadn't been out alone for over 2 months and I was thrilled, but DH kept seeing all the little one's around us and mentioning that we could have brought DD. I seriously wanted to bang my head on the table in frustration! So yes, then I began to feel guilty but I knew that she would have hated being confined to the high chair and she was having much more fun running around playing w/ the babysitter.
    JMCorbin84

Answer by JMCorbin84 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We rarely leave our son, but I don't feel guilty when we DO leave him because he usually has a better time with the babysitter than he would have if he was with us. So I always try to think of that to make me feel better. Usually the only time we leave him is if we can't take him somewhere. :)
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wish I could go out to eat without my kids. It would be nice. That rarely happens. We usually have our kids with us at all times.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Not really. If I go out without the kids they are capable hands. I know they are having fun. I know they are well cared for. I also know that I need some adult time to recharge from time to time and without it I'm not at my best. It may be an hour out for a volunteers' meeting or dinner with DH or my annual weekend trip with my mom. I enjoy the time. The kids enjoy their time. We do a LOT together - it's healthy and right for us ALL to have a little time apart.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Every now and then my fiance and I go out without my daughter and I do feel kind of guilty and miss her, but it's only for a couple of hours and besides she enjoys time with her cousins and grandparents.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011