Is there a story behind your name?

My birth name is Corleen. I have gone through 40 years, and have only met one person who said she knew someone who had my same name. ---I'm pretty sure she was misspelling her friend's or my name!

My mom decided on my name on accident. My uncle was serving in the army overseas, and called my mom and asked if 'Corleen' was born yet? She was planing on naming me Corrine, but, my uncle, who was notorious for messing up peoples name...got me stuck with a name, which I do love now that I'm older, even though I go by a nickname.

liteofmine71

Asked by liteofmine71 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My name is Tamara. When I was born I was really sick due to being 2 month premature. I was adopted to a couple I call my family. My adoptive parents decided to name me Tamara because in Hebrew it means palm tree and their known to be such a very strong type of tree. My parents knew that I had a strong will to live so they thought the name fit perfectly.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think Amanda was one they finally could agree on lol all 3 of my kids have 1 name from a family member and 1 unique name to them :)
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 12:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Mine not near as interesting as yours, but I was named after my mom's favorite soap opera character, Julia. She said she liked Julie better though, and she didn't know many people named Julie.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My first name is the same as my mom's (Myra, but we both go by our middle names) and my middle name Joleen is like a mash up of 1 of my half brother's names (Jody Lynn) who died 3 years before I was born (my dad picked both of my names). So growing up me and my mom had the same initals (MJA) that changed when she divoreced my dad and got remarried, but then when I got married we ended up with the same initals again (MJM)!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yep. I was supposed to be Holly or Molly my mom hadnt really decided what name to go with. Well my grandpa immigrated her from Spain as a child and he had a family name. He was Valentine (pronounced Valenteen), and asked my mom to considered giving me a family name like his. So she decided to name me Valentina. Well one of her best friends was also pregant and named her daughter Valentina. My mom did not want to have so much confusion since they hung out alot, and her best friends neighbors daughters name was ALSO Valentina. So she named me Valerie.
    Now my youngest son is named after my grandfather, and hopefully one of my kids will keep the name going one way or another.

Answer by gemgem at 12:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I was named by my brother he is 5 older than me, and he wanted a sister with the name Raquel.

Answer by older at 1:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• not really, but my dad named me since mom named my older sister and brother (glad he names me too if not mom would've named me dawn)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My dad was convinced I was a boy. They had my name all picked out. The doctor asked if they had a girls name just in case and they said no. So my mom was in labor and my dad and grandmother kept coming in and out with a baby name book asking her if she like certain names. Near the end of labor my mom yelled "I don't care what you name it, just get it out of me!"

Since I was a girl, I gave my oldest son the name I was suppose to get.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My first name comes from an Allman Brothers song and my middle name comes from a popular movie when my mother was pregnant with me. I love the song and have never seen the movie.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I was named after the woman that my father was having an affair with in boot camp. I don't particularly like my name and I hope that m DD never feels this way about hers.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011