Need ideas to keep dd from coloring on the walls

She's 5 and sneaky!

liteofmine71

Asked by liteofmine71 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First of all, keep the crayons out of her reach. Then, let her color ONLY when she is at a specific location (for ex. kitchen table) while you are right there in the same room with her. I broke my kids from doing it by handing them only a damp rag and making them try to scrub it off the walls. Of course, just a damp rag didn't work. That was the point. It was punishment for doing it in the 1st place. After a while of that, they got the point NOT to do it again. Of course, out of their sight, a magic eraser or some soft scrub works great for you! :-)
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• we covered her bedroom walls with paper...when she goes off the paper, we keep magic erasers on hand. :) they take anything off of anything :) my DD is 2 1/2
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I gave the kids a bucket with soapy water and sponges. I didn't have to say much. No toys, tv, or anything until it's clean. Once she's cleaned it herself, it probably won't happen again. If it does, she cleans it again and again til she stops.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• cover them in paper,its what I did

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• crayola! lol washes off (well most of the time) or they have washable paint now too. I think all kids go thru a color-on-the-wall phase
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 12:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I keep crayons, markers, pens, colored pencils, pencils, etc..out of reach.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Get a big roll of that butcher paper, and tape it up on the walls. That's what we finally had to do with my kids, and that wasn't that long ago. my kids are almost 4 and 7. When we moved back in Nov the kids had to clean the crayon, pencil and marker off the walls with a bucket of water and some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Haven't had a problem in this new apartment either.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011