Do your kids ask for EVERYTHING they see on commercials?

If they do then what do you say to them? I used to tell them when I win a million dollars. Then I started ignore it. So it's not so bad now, they usually just say it when they really like something. Right now it's those hulk smash gloves.

By the way this is the first time in there life that we have had cable so the commercial thing was new to them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Goodness! He asks for EVERYTHING he sees. I just nod and say ok. By the time we get to the store, he forgets anyway. And it prevents a melt down.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• yeah mine is the same way,I usually just ignore it until the next commercial
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• They can ask, but that doesn't mean they are going to get it. Just like being in the grocery store they can ask ,doesn't mean they are going to get it.. Good word is NO

Answer by louise2 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My kids have this game that everytime a toy commercial comes on the first one to say "I waaaaaaaaaaant that!" supposedly gets it.....so I just say it before them (they always wait til the commercial is over) and then I "get" it!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• ummm..yeah! imagine having 4 kids wanting something on tv! but it year round, i just say "ohhhh!! how cool!" then we might discuss what they would do with it and after that, if i think they really want it that bad, then we will for a special occasion but not just whenever cause i eventually throw out or give away toys when i clean out the toy room, so i make sure they pick and choose wisely!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My son is three and my DH made the rookie mistake of giving him to Toy's R Us add from the sunday paper....he just assumed Daddy was going to take him and buy "all the trucks" he had a fit and we had to throw it away..poor little guy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2008