How to let this guy know I'm interested?

He is very timid and seems as if he is interested, but has not asked me out. What can I (subtly) do (without making the first move and asking HIM out) to let him know I will not say no if he asks me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• it's the 21st century. talk to him. be like "there's this movie i really want to see" or "this restaurant i've never been to" women can ask men out. i have
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Put yourself in his path more and be interested in what he has to say, engage him in conversation, flirt a little. I don't know if you see him on a regular basis to give more specific scenarios.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Smile and be friendly and wait. He may not be as shy as you think. There are some guys in this world who like to do the pursuing rather than be pursued. He may very well be seeing which camp you fall into. My boys were like that, so if you are really interested, it might be best to play it very cool. He will ask you out when he's ready, shy or not.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I see him once a week, every week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You're going to have to be up front with him & just ask "hey, wanna grab some coffee sometime" If he says yes, then he probably is interested.

There is no beating around the bush on these things. Maybe he's been rejected before & is being a little over careful. Just go for it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Simply ask him,hey what do you do for fun these days?And take it from there...good luck!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I am right where you are except I see this guy every morning with his son at pre-school -- We speak, he smiles, and always watches me -- but thats it! A teacher told me he very shy and wary of women -- UGH-- men can be so exasperating! Let me know what works for you and I might try it to!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My friend (she's a mutual friend and has known him for 15+ years) is going to mention it to him. Yes...I know it's high schoolish, but we both need help. I will let a friend help before I ask him out myself...asking him out myself will be the last resort.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• well all i can say is goodluck i hope it works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Hehehe. DH was like this at first. I just smiled at him a lot, made a lot of eye contact, did a little flirting and casual touching...like if I had to squeeze past him I'd lightly touch his back, or touch his arm lightly to get his attention. It worked like a charm without me having to come right out and say a word...he was after me from that point on :D
    Serenity_Angel

Answer by Serenity_Angel at 4:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011