IM 80% EFFACED AND IM DUE FEB 19, BUT I HAVE CONTRACTIONS EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE, HOW MUCH LONGER UNTIL I HAVE HIM???

BRAYLEN11

Asked by BRAYLEN11 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would bet less than 3 weeks. "Progress" (in terms of dilation and effacement) means nothing. I didn't dilate or efface at all until I was in active labor, and my mom and a friend walked around at 3-4 cm dilated and 70-80% effaced for weeks before going into labor. So no telling.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Ask your doctor. He/she would know better than we would
    Anonymous

• Honestly could be anytime from tonight to 3 weeks from now. I walked around 80% effaced and dilated 2-3 for 3 weeks with 3 of my kids before going into labor. With 1 of them I wasnt effaced or dilated and went into labor. So you really never know.

Answer by gemgem at 1:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• not sure hun but i would say in the next few days to a week but i am not a doctor or expert also it depends on dilation to. i was at three cms and the doctor sent me home saying i don't think you will make it to induction day. i did not i had her the next day. but i forget how effaced i was.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• hope you go soon good luck
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The other moms are so right, it could be today or three weeks from now.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You could stay that way for weeks! Chances are, if your water breaks soon, you'll have your baby in 24 hours. Why 24 hours? Well, doctors love to induce, so that's why I said 24 hours from water breaking.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 1:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• it could be today or it could be another month. I was 2cm dilated and 60% effaced for three weeks before DD decided to make her appearance.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• thanks you guys i appreciate it, with my son they induced me and with my daughter, my water didnt even break til i was dialated to a 10 soooo.... im not sure what to expect?! THANK YOU THANK YOU though....i hope its sooooner than later :)
    BRAYLEN11

Comment by BRAYLEN11 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• well could be just a few days and if not doctors never let you go more than a week past your due date so less than a week for sure! Congrats good luck with delivery!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011