My13mo keeps itching her head HELP??

It has been 2 weeks since she started itching her head/scalp and I parted her hair and checked, there is nothing. Her scalp looks clean, no flakes nothing!! I tried olive oil and baby oil. It doesnt seem to help. We are on vacation and couldn't take her to her Doctor so I turn to you my cafe mom friends... anyone with simlar issue, please help.
Thank you

Kidist973

Asked by Kidist973 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe is is allergic to the shampoo. or if you have been swimming it could be the chorline. try switching to another shampoo. also check for lice she may have picked it up someplace. or it could even be that the water is really hard and its irritating. keep an eye out for scabs or sores that are weeping.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Don't forget that bedbugs are still a major problem so if you are on vacation check the beds for signs of them. If all else fails, call her doctor and just ask for some advice
    Anonymous

• if you want to take her to a doc, try looking for a clinic or some place that will take walk ins. tell them your on vacation and they should see her with no problem.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Hopefully it's not lice. Take her outside in the sunlight. Look at the hair shaft, not the scalp. Lice look like little white pieces of salt on the individual hair.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• get the stuff that is meant for toddler cradle cap with calendula in it, it works great on many of these things and if its just allergy/irritation causing the itches it will calm the skin a little. The best stuff to get flaky stuff on my son that I have used is Morrocan Oil, its pricey and found in salons but you use a tiny bit, but I honestly don't know if it has side effects/common allergies or is ok for eyes so I am forwarding you the safe bet.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• along w/what the others mommas have said....coconut oil may help also. My daughter (10 mos.) is always scratching at her cradle cap, I use a little bit of coconut oil and it seems to help....sometimes I use nipple cream too...so thick! =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011