Why won't he let me meet his son's mom?

I've been dating my boyfriend now for over a year. We each have a boy, 5 & 8. We've been talking about moving in together and getting married a lot lately, but he still hasn't introduced me to his son's mom. They have an okay relationship and their son goes back and forth almost every other day. She does has a temper and has made it clear she has no use for me being in her son's life, but I'm not asking to take over as his mom, I just want to be there too. I'd like to go to school programs or just know that its okay for me to be at his house when she drops him off. Isn't my boyfriend just prolonging the inevitable? He says he doesn't want the drama, but if he's really ready to move in and marry me, isn't she just going to have to deal with me being around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think you need to ask you BF that. Maybe he knows her well enough to know she would treat you badly and fly off the handle and is only protecting you.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes she will have to get use to dealing with you if that happens, I would use this argument with your boyfriend to see what he says, unless of course he is telling her something other than that.

Answer by older at 1:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If you are as serious as you say then it is time you met. Time to have the discussion with him about it.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 1:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• She's going to have to get used to you eventually, if you guys are really that serious. He can't keep you hidden forever, even if he is just trying to protect you. You guys need to have a serious talk about the future of your relationship at this point, I think.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• what difference would it make if you met her now or later? i would just trust your bf. he knows you both.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• leave it alone...trust me it's a blessing in disguise. (spelling?) Hope you never have to meet her or deal with her.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 1:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I've dealt with an idiot for 11 years. Most of which I spent "trying to make things work". I wish so much I had left it on my husband to deal with.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 1:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011