Sugars

I'm kinda full of questions today. I started my weight loss in Jan so I'm still learning. Please be kind.

Coconut sugar or agave nectar for baking? I don't like coconut as it is but kinda willing to try it. Not saying I bake goodies all the time but I'm looking for healtheir goodies. Does the coconut sugar taste like coconut?
If having cup of tea what sugar should I add. ( My tea has to be sweet)

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I've never dealt with coconut sugar... but agave nectar makes GREAT sweet tea. Probably fine in baking too. Google baking recipes using agave nectar to see if there's a way to do it!
    PadmeJonez

Answer by PadmeJonez at 1:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Calorie-wise, sugar is sugar. You can try using Splenda for baking, too. Don't use Equal- it goes rancid when heated to baking temps. You can use agave nectar, I haven't used coconut sugar.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• agave nectar is not really good for you either. i would just use pure cane sugar and really just limit the amount.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Stay away from Splenda (sucralose of any kind); it is CHLORINATED sugar and very dangerous.
    Anonymous

• You can use splenda for teas or baking desserts , truvia is also good
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Hmm, I cook with splenda and I haven't keeled over yet ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I use varying combinations of stevia, agave, maple syrup, evaporated cane juice, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011