Do when you no one to wath your kids when you go to have a baby?

I have 2 kids and I am due in Augest. The thing is I hardly have anyone that can watch my kids. DH and I have one friend that is a guy that he will once in a great while watch the girls for me while we go out to the doctor or to eat, but first he is having health problems so I don't want to ask him and second if I need someone over night with him being a guy I don't think he should give my girls 3 and almost 6 baths or change there clothes. So I rather have a girl. My mom and sister said if they arn't working they could, but I don't know if they will be working so on the safeside I rather just get a sitter. If I don't find anyone DH is going to have to stay home with the kids and I have this baby myself, but don't want to do that since I had problems with the epidural last time so am afraid to get one so I am trying to go natural this time so I really really want DH there. How can I get a sitter? I have no other family and I have no friends but one and she always works so I know she can't do it. I have no one WHAT SO EVER to watch them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could get onto care.com and look for a sitter in your area. I believe that is the site where they can have background checks and all that already done for you to see. You could have them watch your girls a couple of times before they baby comes so your girls would be comfortable.
    Anonymous

• could family come in for the big even! I would call they might be honored that you asked! I was lucky with my second my aunt and uncle took my oldest convient since at the time he was going to her daycare and she just took him into work with her and then home (my cousin is only 2 ye older than he is so there was even a playmate! when my third came my mom took my two older ones to my grandmas (at the time she was active and able to care for them and my mom took over after she came back from the birth
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no my sister can't take the kids into work with her she works at long john silvers and my kids when they are bored are exstremly bad lol. My mom works at milliges breading chicken so she is using a big machine all day so I know they wont let the kids back there and then after my mom is done with that goes and cuts cabage or whatever in the kitchen. My 3 year old is a handful and is climbing on everything and into everything so even if I had someone just watch her there is no way I can have them take her to work. I know my mom wont wont come to the hospital or anyone else until after they baby is born they wouldn't come with my girls. Like I said I have noone at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Your family should request off or call into work and telling them your having a baby. I know if i randomly go into labor my family and my boyfriends family would stop whatever there doing to be there for me. Good luck
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I suggest care.com as well they do background checks and everything unless by a chance of fate you live in colorado springs ill be happy to help lol it sucks thinking you will have to go thru it aone!! Good luck hope it all works out!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would suggest a doula ~and probably a homebirth.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

I know. I would for my kids. But you don't know myh family. My family wont do it. My mom hardly babysits for me now, but has no problem doing it for my sister. My DH family we really don't talk to. His mom passed away 2 months before our wedding so all that is, is his dad and he isn't all there when it comes to kids I wouldn't trust him. Then he has an aunt and uncle but they are older like in there 70's so they aren't able to handle both of them. They said they can take one, but not both. I know stupid, but that is what she said cause she said they can't handle 2 kids. I know my adopted dad would do it, but he isn't all there either he is a recovering alcoholic only a couple months.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You could have a homebirth. THen you wouldn't have to worry about someone to babysit. Just a thought!!
    Anonymous

• You have considered a doula or a homebirth?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

no cause I have an ob that I absalutly love so I am going to him. Plus I haven't considered a home birth because they don't give pain meds and I can't handle pain what so ever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011