Does anyone have any suggestions for curly hair that tangles? My poor daughter has lots of hair that I have to detangle for 15 minutes a day! Thanks!

SarahsMom08

Asked by SarahsMom08 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ((hugs)) my daughter has wild hair and she has autism it is pure hell to brush her hair.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My daughter has really curly hair- so I totally understand what you're going through. I do 2 things....In the morning, I use Johnson's Detangling spray and comb through her hair really quickly (it is with the bath stuff in an bright orange spray bottle.) Also, when i give her a bath, I wash her hair with Johnson's baby shampoo with detangler in it. Then Iput in a dab of my conditioner and comb through the tangles in her hair. I have curly hair that tangles and I use conditioner simply to get my tangles out- so I figured maybe that would work. Since we started doing that- her tangles have been a lot better!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Paul Mitchell makes a detangler for kids- works awesome. It is a bit pricey but worth the money.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Condition her hair after washing,,Get a wide tooth comb. Get a brush that has wider teeth too. Try some leave in conditioner. I know from experience. I have curly hair too. Comb her hair when it is wet.

Answer by louise2 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my daughter does to, first I only use hair conditioner when washing her hair, next I wet it while brushing it, but the best thing I saw (but don't do) is braid hair until child is about 6 years old. that way you can have long curly hair, my daughters hair gets neglected (tanglewise) for days sometimes weeks at a time, so we end up cutting mattes out, LOL
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 4:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I use johnson and johnson leave in conditioner on my dd and grandson. Both have curly hair and its hard to deal with at times. I also use conditioner in my dds hair when she bathes.

Answer by gemgem at 4:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i use johnson's shampoo with conditioner for curly hair, it's in a green bottle.
    once dry i comb or brush through my daughter's hair with a bit of spray on detangler and that does the trick. :)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• After washing and before combing I use Silk Drops A nickle sized amount rubbed in thoroughly right after towel drying works WONDERS!! It's in a clear bottle with a silver and purple lid at Wal*Mart for $4.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Thanks everyone!!!! Great advise!
    SarahsMom08

Answer by SarahsMom08 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008