Adult daughter in college needs inheritance to pay tuition. adult content

Both my ex husband's father and mine left our children money for college when they passed away. Our daughter works, lives on her own, pays her own way, but college is expensive and the fact is that money should be hers to pay tuition if she needs it but her dad set up his father's estate so HE controlled the funds and he refuses to give our daughter the money. She's a senior, supposed to graduate in June, but unless she pays back tuition she can't even register for spring quarter. What can she do?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 2:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• lawyer. wshe should have been using the money the whole time.....unless someone's spent it....lol or it's tied up in investments rather than actual cash.
    Anonymous

• Contact a lawyer who specializes in these things.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with the others, contact a lawyer. I hope everything works out for your daughter!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• WOW! I cant believe he will not give his daughter the money for school. That's so sad IMO. But i agree with the other ladies. Get her a lawyer. Good luck to you and especially your daughter.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• That's terrible! Of course she should be able to use that money for her schooling! It would be different if she were asking to go on a cruise or something just to waste the money, but this is completely different. I'd get a lawyer and I'd do it ASAP.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• What is his reasoning?  I mean, why doesn't he want to give her the money so that she can go to school?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Call a lawyer!!!
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 2:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i know that is it left in trust under someone else's name then it is up to them may be he's bein a tool and not wanting her to have it
    contact lawyer and go from there
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Call the lawyer.
    Anonymous

• Attorney. Asap.
    Serenity_Angel

Answer by Serenity_Angel at 4:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2011