dose my son have a trust issuse

well my son is 12moths old he was getting up and walking by him self intill he took a shitter now he dont trust him self to walk anymore he starts cring as soon as he stand and dont seem like he wants to try is there any way i can help him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He'll get over that. Just praise him when he stands so that he knows that hes doing a great thing :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree. This is very common. His drive to learn to walk will come back. Just don't push. If he wants to crawl, let him. If he wants a hand, give it to him.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My son did the same thing, he took his first steps, fell, and then didn't walk again for three weeks. A week ago he tried again and now he's practically running all over the place. I wouldn't worry. He'll walk when he's good and ready to.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 1:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2008