Picky Eater?

So my soon to be 11 month old daughter (who use to be a great eater) is now becoming bored with baby food. I wanted to know if anyone has suggestions for food options that would be okay for her to eat. She only has her two bottom teeth as of right now, but does well with chewing and grinding her food down. She does eat some table food (noodles, soft fruit, cheese, etc.). Also, does anyone know anything about serving size? I wanted to know how much I should or shouldn't be giving our daugther. Sometimes I feel like I'm not feeding her enough and other times I feel she's eating too much (which I know children go through spurts). Any information is grateful and helpful.

magicbarr

Asked by magicbarr at 2:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The table foods you're giving her are great. Make sure her liquid diet is primary; breastmilk or formula comes first, all the way to the first birthday. *Follow* with whatever she wants in solids and the serving size will always be correct.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I homemade my babyfood . I made her babyfood from the sort of foods we were eating at meals. Plus when you home make it you can control it's consistency and play with that a bit to give her some different textures or have it be slightly chunky (still soft of course)

As far as serving size my doctor told me not to worry about over feeding unless your child is seriously overweight. Babies will self regulate what they need based on their metabolism. Some babies need to eat more to keep up with their metabolism. As long as your feeding them healthy food not to worry about it. My daughter (now almost 3) wants to eat CONSTANTLY and it used to worry me but she is 25% for weight and super active so obviously she needs what she's taking in (which is mostly fruit and veggies)

kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• By 11 months my kids were eating whatever we ate for supper - I would cut it up small of course, but I never pureed the food. All of them loved beans of any shape and size, I think they were just easy for them to pick up - crowder peas, green beans, black eyed peas, etc. The amount they ate varied widely, I just fed them until they stopped (or started throwing food on the floor, that ended the meal!).

Answer by missanc at 3:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011