Counting

My 3 year old has been able to count to 20 for quite sometime now... but for some reason he ALWAYS skips 16! It drives me nuts! I try to correct him but he insists on skipping it, like it doesn't exist! And whevever he counts for something, like to race or something, most people would do, '1, 2, 3...go!' He has to count to 20! Without the 16, of course!
Do your kids do anything silly like this? Tell me I am not alone! :)

Blakesmommy0907

Asked by Blakesmommy0907 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• oh yes. and it'll get worse in kindergarten. a letter reversed here, a number upside down there.... lol. My daughter thought the end of the ABC'S "w x y and z" were "w, x, winezeeee" forever. it was maddening, adorable, and a goof up I miss now
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My guy counts almost to 30, but the 20's are the "twenteens".
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 2:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My DD sings her ABC's "LNNOP, RRS, TUV, WSYNZ, Nex time won't you sing wif me"
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• mine does stuff like that to. He has trouble with saying some letters but has to have the visual of them before he says a letter or number.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My three year old can count to 20 but his teachers think he is a little dummy because he skips 4 all the time. He also does not like to acknowledge the letter K but can point out both K and 4 on paper if quizzed. I think 4 was a bad number in a past life or something.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Lol Yes my son does that So I try and get him to follow me and it slow and it seems to help for a while :)
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Bwahahahahahaa My gremlins say Elomenopeas instead of L M N O P during their abc's... They skip 11 in english, but will do ALL in spanish.. lol..
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2011