We Co-sleep and looking to get our bed back... Any suggestions?

My girls are 3 and we have had their toddler beds up for over 6 months. We have tried and tried to get them to stay, but they always end up in bed with us.. lol..

peekab00

Asked by peekab00 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get one of those gates that goes across the doorway. Even if they get up, they can't get out of their room. They may even fall asleep in the floor for a few nights, but they will eventually get the idea. As long as they can get what they want, you don't stand a chance of breaking bad habits.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You walk them back. Every single time. Eventually they do get the message.

Sometimes it also helps to make their bed more interesting. We had a tent on my son's bed for a little while.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I know I'm gonna get bashed for this but that's ok....a TV w/a timer in their room. And like 1st posted wrote....make it interesting....a tent or a fort. Give them a special treat each morning after they've stayed in their room all night.

Good luck!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• we did that to. we have a tv in his room cause he needs sound to fall asleep, a gate in front of the door and we use cry it out. we have also been letting him stay up and play until he falls asleep. his room is usually a mess but we havent had him in our bed for a few months!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011