Sociology majors!!! I need your advice!

What classes have you taken that have really helped with your degree? I am a Freshman in Soc 101. Recommendations are welcome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in

• Honestly as much as I loved my degree I wish I had double majored in Social Work or Education so I could have had a career. I enjoyed Cultural Anthropology classes a lot and also classes about sex and gender from History, Women's Studies and Family Studies departments. Good luck but think about what you want to do with you degree, too. I would have spent an extra year if I had a do over and double majored.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I was hoping to get my AA degree in Behavioral/Social science and transfer to university for my Bachelors in Social Work. I want to work for the county.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Your plan sounds better than my no plan was! :) I am a SAHM now but would like to go back for an MSW eventually.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Thank you! I am a SAHM of 3 and decided to get my degree. You are so far ahead of me, lucky!, just go back and get that degree!! Good luck to you and thanks for the advice!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have three kids, too. If I had majored in Social Work instead of Sociology I could have done a one year MSW program and we lived just a few miles away I'd qualify for an online MSW from the university I graduated from, both options of which would be MUCH easier to accomplish with three kids. Right now my husband is working on his MBA so after his turn I guess its mine! :)
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• What career path is there for a bachelors in sociology, or are you planning on going to graduate school?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Bachelors in Social Work. Not Sociology....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011