How do I get my boyfriend to let me in and not lie about stupid stuff :\

Ok so I am madly in love with this guy his name is Jeff he loves me too we want to get married eventually. Well now we have a baby on the way I'm 18 weeks....he knows that him lying to me and hiding stuff from me really upsets me like he is walkin all over me you know? We have been doin really great lately, but now he has started smokin pot again and he is starting to lie to me about it and stuff. When I try to talk to him he is just quiet and I feel like I'm not really getting through to him. He never wants to talk about he feels either :\ I just dont know..how can I get him to open up and not lie?

Rosiebby

Asked by Rosiebby at 2:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• it's hard for men to open up mine didn't for about 2 years truthfully
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You need to find yourself a mature individual to help raise your child.

Children do not need a father who smokes pot and lies.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 2:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• All you can do is let him know that its important to you to have an open and honest relationship. It's up to him to act accordingly. If he's not ready and/or able, it's not gonna happen. Trying to "make" it happen could make it worse, in my experience.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 2:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He already knows not to lie. The fact that he's doing it again means the relationship is less important to HIM than to you. Do yourself a favor... DO NOT marry him till he can stop lying. Don't have sex with him till he can stop lying. It may require premarital counseling but that will be WELL worth it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Your boyfriend knows you don't want him to smoke pot. He is going to lie about it. But tell him you know he is smoking the pot & it's OK because he is going to do it anyway, he shouldn't have to lie about it to you. Because you are his loved one.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Then you can threaten to leave.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• see I have tried to tell him how even though I dont like it he is gonna do what he wants to anyways that he doesnt need to lie to me about it.. also he did tell me he would quit when the baby gets here.. but he has said that when he was gonna get a better job found out he wasnt gettin the job and started back.. i told him im done with the lies and that apparently im less important to him than his friends because he doesnt ever spend time with just me its always us and whoever else he has around at the time.. and also the fact that he lies to me when he is with friends but yet he doesnt lie to his friends
    Rosiebby

Comment by Rosiebby (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I've threatened to leave before it makes the situation worse it caused us to break up once before he begged for me back..we get into it but always make up a couple of times it has gotten really bad he made me get out of the car and left me there then turned around and came back after me..then he has threatened to take me home before as a in your face type thing.. Im from alabama I moved down to Florida with him
    Rosiebby

Comment by Rosiebby (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Maybe he's not the right guy for u. You deserve to be happy and not lied to. Do what's best for ur baby.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 7:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2011