Why am i not excited about having a baby? normal?

I will be having my third baby in a month and I already have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. I
Remember Been excited about having to buy baby stuff and clothes for both of my kids. This time I am older (30) and I carefully planned my pregnancy alongvwith husband. We were happy to have another baby. However I have no motivation to buy clothes or things for our soon to come baby. I feel so guilty but I have to force myself to think about baby stuff. I am a month away from having my son and I just haven't buy more than 4 outfits. What the heck is wrong with me? I have no crib set up yet or nothing. ( is currently sitting on layaway at babysr us) husband is overseas and will be home for a month for delivery and for a whole month he will stay with us. He thinks I am stocking on baby things but I am not. I go to kids stores and I come out with things for other two kids and not for baby.can anybody tell me what is wrong? Is it normal? Have any gonevthru this? Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• First off, stop feeling guilty or like your HAVE to feel something other than what you do.  I was excited about my first 2 children and not excited about my 3rd and the one I'm having now.  From my 3rd, I know that once the baby is here, the excitement comes.  The bonding happens, it's not the end of the world.  Relax, give yourself some breathing room mama! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I was going to say the same thing.....once the baby comes, you will be excited. It's ok!!!! And I'm sure it's probably very overwhelming to be pregnant AND parenting 2 other kids solo. Give yourself a break! You can always pick up things after your baby is born.

cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think that you're feelings are normal. Having a baby is an overwhelming life change, and I don't think that we should be forced to feel guilty by acknowledging this. You're living in the now and the reality of life where you already have two kids---this is especially true because you're parenting alone right now. It's going to be OK.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Oh, and I don't really like buying things before the baby is here anyways because I don't know how big exactly the baby is going to be before he or she gets here.  I buy a few things and wait.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011