Should my 7 month old still be waking up twice at night?

My son goes to bed at 7:30 and still wakes around 12:30 and 4:30. I've tried to let him cry through one of the feedings. But, he screams. Just wondered if there is anything else i should be doing. He is BF along with now eating solid food. Any help would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think theres anyone wrong. My kids were all diff. Some slept through the night after 4 mths old, some didnt. Just go with the flow.

Answer by gemgem at 4:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have the same situation with my five month old.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Maybe try keeping him up and get him tired so he sleeps the whole night a warm bath before too. I always give her a warm bottle. She doesn't like it regular/cold.

All children are different.

I have three kids, but my 10 mo. old is so different from the other two.

She has slept the whole night since she was 2 weeks old. I use wake up often and check on her with my cellphone backlight.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• He is probably still legitemitely hungry. It's normal :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Same as most others...since breast milk is processed so quickly, a lot of BF babies wake at night. My DS has only sttn a handfull of times and he is 8 months old. It is normal for him to wake once or twice during the night. Keeping him up later does not help us, it just makes him really cranky the next day.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 6:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Mine is 15 months and still does. Every time he starts cutting teeth we go through a few sleepless nights. Your baby is at the age where that is probably begining. Growth spurts will wake them too. Growing pains.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 6:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• OO girl my 8 month old daughter wakes up 10+ times.... just feel lucky it's only 2 times. The way I think is that they are brand new to this world.... it's going to take them a while to understand what they are suppose to do.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Trishy7 I have the same problem.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 7:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my 6 1/2 month old daughter still wakes up 2-4 times in the night, sometimes they need those extra feedings. Have you tried co-sleeping?? It works wonders as far as how much sleep you get. You can just pull the baby close, get them latched on and fall back asleep. I plan on waking to feed her til she weans herself, and i'm okay with that, because she wont be a baby for very long, and I want to cherish these times of closeness!! Good luck though :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Thanks for all the answers. You helped me keep my reality in perspective. He is only 7 months. I have to stop comparing my baby to mothers who are like, "My baby has slept all night since birth." I know that all babies are different. Thanks for the advice. Last night he woke up twice still. I'm grateful that he goes back to sleep after he wakes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2008