My gf wants advice and I do not have the heart to tell her....

Her man lives with her and does not work. He has not worked for over a year and half. His mom helps out but she suggested he get a job and he is telling her then he hasto move back in with his mom and help her. She is so depressed, what should i tell her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• It's one thing if he's trying to find work, I know the economy isn't the best right now. But if he just sits around on his ass all day, leeching off your friend, I'd tell her to kick him to the curb, FAST.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• wait im confused, if he gets a job he has to move back in with his mother why?

This is a tough spot because a lot of women if you say anything bad about their man will hold it against you (until they break up lol)

I am a tough love kind of gal so all my friends know not to ask me what I think unless they want the truth. I have always believed that a real friend tells you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. If you think your friendship can handle it I would tell her how you really feel. Which I'm hoping is that she needs to ditch this lazy SOB
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Tell her to let him. He is a lazy ass and what kind of woman needs that around?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sounds like she knows what the situation is already. I would just take her out and try to cheer up.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i have a couple of friends in this situation too i dont know why they stay but one of my friend's non-working boyfriend lives with his mother because he knows she couldnt possibly afford him too. He uses her for so many other things too but she knows it and i think if your friend were to put her foot down, things would be better and she can get on with her life.

Wait till she brings up the subject and mention all the positive things she could be doing with her life without him
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He is. She sticks with him because he is a boy toy for her. Looks and age can go just so far, he is just mooching off of her and she knows it, but is realizing now .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011